Getting to know Ms. Peebles

Ms+Peebles+smiles+outside+her+classroom.+

Bethany Rush

Ms Peebles smiles outside her classroom.

Ms. Peebles is a science teacher at Rocky Mountain High School and this is her fifth year teaching. Peebles teaches earth system science (ESS) and biology, but would love to teach anatomy and physiology, as well as many other science classes offered at Rocky. She also would love to have a joint partnership with Front Range to teach medical terminology to help students get college credit.

Peebles grew up in Richmond, Vermont, and moved to Colorado nine years ago. When Peebles isn’t teaching at Rocky she is teaching Jazzercise classes at Jazzercise Fort Collins and is at home with her little girl and her dog.

She moved to Colorado to do a pre-med degree at CSU. She majored in biomedical science and minored in biomedical focus neurology. However, it wasn’t until college that she realized she wanted to be a teacher. “I was pre med at CSU I had the flu and because my fever was so high I was hallucinating. I was just laying on the couch fighting the flu and I had these visions of saving animals or helping children with what I know and I was like, ‘Oh, my gosh!’ I’m supposed to be a teacher. So when I got healthy, I immediately went to the master program folks for education and we sat down and within three minutes we came to the conclusion that I was born to be a teacher. So I knew I was in the right spot and went right into the program.”

When asked her favorite part about being a teacher she said, “I think it’s the humanity. I think being a teacher is the most humanitarian job that you can do because what I do is be with people so I get to see everything, the good, the bad the ugly, the funny and it just reminds me of why I love being a teacher and why I love people so much, and I think if I was told I couldn’t be a teacher anymore I would be really upset because I love being a teacher that much.”

Ms. Peebles is a very helpful and knowledgeable teacher who loves to share her knowledge and words of wisdom with her students. Some of the words of wisdom that she wants to share with students are to let them know that if anyone wants to be a teacher they should go for it because you can bring your passions and joys to the classroom. Ms. Peebles can be found in the science offices located in Sawatch.