Colorado State University Vs University of Wyoming

CSU and Wyoming set up for the next play.

Spencer Nelson

Spencer Nelson

Spencer Nelson, Staff Writer

Last weekend, the CSU Rams went up against the Wyoming Cowboys in the annual “Border War.” The Border War is a game that pits the Colorado State University (CSU) Rams and University of Wyoming Cowboys against each other in a college football game. It is a highly anticipated game and involves tailgating advertisers.

On the northeast side of the CSU Stadium is where tailgating was being hosted. There were an abundance of people there, all drinking, eating, and playing games like cornhole and spin the wheel. CSU hosted a band in the same area and it was all good vibes. This border game was a success when it came to pregame entertainment.       

There were extra festivities at the game that drew crowds of people who didn’t even have intentions of watching the game. The extra festivities took place all around the stadium. One of the main events was that the entire basketball team was outside the stadium signing autographs and giving tips on how to improve your game. There was also the Cam the Ram run in which Cam, the mascot of CSU, runs around and entertains the children. Afterwards, Cam was available to take pictures with the kids.

First quarter, CSU wasn’t able to pull enough momentum to score any touchdowns and ended up having to punt the ball to Wyoming. On Wyoming’s drive they were shut down by the Rams and the ball continued to go back and forth until 2nd quarter when Wyoming scored 30-yard field goal by Cooper Rothe.

Halftime struck and CSU discussed getting their run game more involved. The Rams struggled against the Cowboys defense which led to the Cowboys scoring a 14-yard touchdown to Nico Evans by Sean Chambers. Score Wyoming:10, Rams: 0.

Wyoming built up some speed and scored two touchdowns, one by the quarterback Sean Chambers for 8-yards, and then the Cowboys’ running back Nico Evans for 48-yards. Rams fans be doubting that the Rams would win this game, but after a mediocre drive, the Rams got their first points on the board. Score Wyoming: 24, CSU: 7.

Fourth quarter rolled around and the Rams and their fans knew that Wyoming was going to have their guard down and that was the Rams’ moment to strike aggressively. All year the defense has been struggling to cover on runs and passes, but they locked up and held the Cowboys to a field goal.

This was the Rams’ chance to get upfield and score a touchdown, which, the Rams did convert on a 10-yard run by Marvin Kinsey, Jr.  Score Wyoming; 27, CSU: 14.

Things were looking better for the Rams, but they needed to get a couple more stops and convert on all scoring opportunities. As a little hope was whipped up from the Rams, it was shut down in a second because the Cowboys came rushing down the field and scored a 43-yard touchdown off a pass to Tyree Mayfield from Sean Chambers. Score Wyoming:34, CSU: 14.

In the last drive for the Rams, they charged up the field and scored a 1-yard touchdown by Collin Hill. The time expired and the Rams lost 34 to 21. The Cowboys won the traditional bronze boot. Overall, the game was successful with large crowds and activities. For all Rams fans, it wasn’t the best day, but everyone knew it was hard fought.        

1 Comment

One Response to “Colorado State University Vs University of Wyoming”

1. Gilberto arbizo on November 6th, 2018 3:12 pm

Why would you write something else but your school. And you should write more about your pretty boy Scotty Milan

• Colorado State University Vs University of Wyoming

Black Ops 4: Review

New and Improved Voters

Teacher Talk: Getting to Know Mr. O’Grady

Where’s My Money Going?

All About Bella

Netflix’s new chilling show

Dia De Los Muertos

Getting to know Ms. Manley

Rocky gets Spooky

Teacher Talk: Getting to know Ms. Lea