Career Center

Career Pathways Program at Front Range

Do you know what Career Cab or Career Expo is? This may be the most helpful option that Rocky offers to get you on your feet after high school. If you don’t know what you want to do after you graduate, then get involved with the career options and start talking to Mrs. Fassnacht in the Career Counseling Center now!

Career Cab is a program for all students at Rocky where they can go on a field trip and shadow or experience what it means to work in a particular type of work. Last fall a group of students went to an agriculture and wildlife job where students got a first-hand look at a fish hatchery and taxidermist. They also went to Triple Crown with a group of students who were interested in a sports career.

Rocky tries to do one of these every month. Upcoming Career Cab trips are in cosmetology and students will learn about spas and different treatments. They also have a computer science field trip and a construction field trip. If you have a career that you are interested in shadowing or learning more about, talk to Mrs. Fassnacht and ask if they are doing anything that has to do what you are interested in.

If you are interested in going on a Career Cab trip, go to student services and sign up with Mrs. Leah Kapral. All of these field trips are during school hours and its 100% free.

Next Thursday, February 15, there is a field trip planned to and shadow a nursing and health job; there are still spots available, so if you are interested in medicine, get to the Career Cab and sign up with Mrs.Leah Kapral.

Another option that Rocky’s Career Counseling Center offers is the Career Expo. This is only for juniors and it will take place February 20th during the third and fourth hour. Juniors will not have regularly scheduled classes this afternoon. Attendance will be taken in sessions instead of class.

During third hour, all juniors will listen to a keynote speech by the CEO of Otterbox Jim Parke. He will be explaining how students need to brand themselves, sort of marketing in order to get ahead in life. After this, students will be broken up into groups based on the registration questionnaire that they filled out online. There were 18 different options students could have chosen for this activity.

Rocky’s Career Counseling Center is trying to get students ready for college and life beyond high school. There are so many options available to all students at Rocky Mountain High School to succeed and be happy. If you haven’t stopped by the Career Counseling Center, now is the time to go by and see all of the things that they have to offer. Introduce yourself to Ms. Fassnacht and she’ll help you out.