All Things Graduation!

Last+years+graduates+pose+at+their+ceremony+at+Moby+Arena.+

Last years’ graduates pose at their ceremony at Moby Arena.

As the end of the year approaches, it feels like non-stop celebrations on the way to graduation! Rocky has several upcoming events for seniors to be appreciated and applauded. 

Additionally, today is the first day of Senior Send Off Spirit Week. Let’s start the beginning of the end off right, and participate!

Monday: Senioritis Day (PJs)

Tuesday: Hats Off to Seniors! (Wear your favorite hat)

Wednesday: The Future is Bright! (Neon Day)

Thursday: College and Career Day (Wear your future gear)

Friday: ALL OUT ROCKY GEAR!

Honor Cording Ceremony

The Honor Cording Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 12, in the Auditorium at lunch. Here, seniors will receive their graduation regalia for the ceremony. Students will be recognized for their achievements in high school, and respectfully awarded with cords for their involvement. While students wear the cords and show off their achievements at the graduation ceremony, the cording ceremony is where these achievements are talked about in depth and the cords are explained. Additionally, students will receive their GPA honor stoles, and have everything they need to wear for the graduation ceremony.

Scholarship Breakfast

The Scholarship Breakfast will be held on the morning of Wednesday, May 17, from 8-9am in the Main Gym. This is meant to recognize seniors who have received any form of scholarship going into their next four years. Seniors who have filled out the senior scholarship survey are invited, allowed to bring two guests, and are expected to dress up. This survey was used to compile a program for the event, as well as track how much money Rocky seniors received and to where, whether they plan to accept that money or not. The purpose of this event is to celebrate Rocky seniors who were rewarded with scholarships–academic, athletic, or otherwise. 

Convocation 

One of the last senior events before graduation is Convocation. Convocation is preceded by a graduation rehearsal. Both are on Thursday, May 18. Graduation rehearsal will be at 8:00am in the Main Gym. Students should wear business casual with their gowns, but no caps. Rehearsal is mandatory, as is Convocation. Convocation is an assembly-like, longstanding Rocky tradition held during the school day. Included will be group performances from various musical groups, awards for all grades, recognition of honor staff, a student speech, the passing of the Lobo Cup, and more. All students are expected to attend, and the entire school will celebrate. 

Graduation Practice at Moby Arena

There will also be an additional mandatory Graduation rehearsal for seniors at Moby Arena on Friday from 12:00-2:00pm. This is required for students who plan to walk in graduation the next day. 

Graduation 

And finally! The graduation ceremony will be on Saturday, May 20, at 5:30pm at Moby Arena. Doors open to guests one hour before the ceremony starts. There is no limit to the number of guests who can attend and no reserved seating or ticket purchase necessary. PSDTV will livestream graduation ceremonies for those unable to attend. Moby Arena has a clear bag policy for all of their events–graduations included. Graduates need to report to the line up area at 5:00 pm, and students may not wear any cords or regalia that was not issued by Rocky Mountain High School. Students should refrain from decorating caps, and only wear the plain gold tassel that came with the cap and gown pack. 

This is an incredibly exciting and busy time of year. Rocky is proud to produce such developed and distinguished students, and it is a priority that they are celebrated. Please do your best to congratulate a senior in the hallway this week and support them through the end of their high school career!