• December 10Watch this bar to see the latest breaking news and updates

Time to Get Learnt

Concurrent Enrollment: Free College in High School.

Courtesy of Front Range Community College.

Cedric Culhane, Staff Writer

Rocky Mountain High School offers a lot of secondary educational opportunities on campus which allow high school students to get college credit: One such opportunity is the Concurrent Enrollment program.

The Concurrent Enrollment Program allows students to attend CSU, Aims, or Front Range community colleges with their tuition paid for by the Poudre School District during their junior or senior year. Mrs. McCoy, who handles concurrent enrollment, said, “The biggest thing is the district will pay for it.” Front Range charges $211.90 per credit hour and up to $401.50 at CSU. Utilizing the concurrent enrollment program saves students a considerable amount of money.

From personal experience, this is a great opportunity for students regardless of their career path. Students planning to attend a four-year university can get some basic courses done for free. Students planning to go straight to a career after high school can take some technical training at community college expanding their range of trade skills.

Courses available to high school students range from science to history, or welding and engine building. Everyone can find a class they enjoy in a friendly university environment paid for by the district.

McCoy also pointed out the advantage of Rocky’s block schedule which gives students enough time to take college courses while still taking high school courses at Rocky.

Enrollment starts in October. Any student interested should look for announcements as well as speak to their counselor about their options. Students can look online for courses available and see Ms. McCoy for more information for an opportunity.

1 Comment

One Response to “Time to Get Learnt”

1. Smithc866 on March 10th, 2017 11:01 am

I needed to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I’ve got you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post geeddkkabdfccdda

[Reply]

• Time to Get Learnt

What They Expected Vs. What They Got

Houston We Have a Problem

• Time to Get Learnt

What it Takes to be a Division 1 Athlete

• Time to Get Learnt

Letter From the Editor

• Time to Get Learnt

Reducing Stress as the Year Comes to a Close

• Time to Get Learnt

Mr. RMHS

• Time to Get Learnt

Talent filled, Talent Show!

• Time to Get Learnt

Senior Gifts

• Time to Get Learnt

Even Saying “Hi” is Awkward

• Time to Get Learnt

Tell Us Where These Things Are in Rocky…

Time to Get Learnt