Struggling To Plan Your Grad Party? – Graduation Party Catering Ideas

Qdoba's catering website home page.

Qdoba's catering website home page.

Qdoba's catering website home page.

Qdoba's catering website home page.

Emery Vischer, Staff Writer

With graduation approaching, many seniors are scrambling to plan their graduation parties in order to celebrate their success. From venues and decorations to invites and food, there are many aspects that go into putting together a graduation party. Deciding what food to have is one of the most important choices of this celebration, but it can be difficult to decide on what to eat.

Three popular and delicious restaurants offer catering options for big events like a graduation party: Qdoba, Chick-Fil-A, and Dickey’s Barbecue Pit. There are, of course, others, but these three offer different types of food and options.

Qdoba is a well known Mexican restaurant with multiple locations in Fort Collins. Qdoba makes catering easy by allowing or phone orders. When the order is ready, you can either pick it up in-store or Qdoba will deliver it and help set up. The most common catering menu item is the hot bar that includes a choice of proteins, beans, rice, and any toppings to let guests make their own burrito bowls or nachos. These hot bars can feed a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 100 people, making it perfect for larger gatherings like a graduation party.

Prices depend on which proteins are chosen and if any extra items are added. The chicken protein option costs $102.50 to feed 10 people and $1,025 to feed 100 people. Two proteins, which can include chicken and brisket or chicken and steak cost $122.50 to feed 10 people and $1,125 to feed 100 people.

Chick-fil-a is another tasty restaurant that has a wide variety of menu items available for catering. Chick-fil-a also allows you to make orders on their website and choose the options to either pick up at their store or they can deliver it. The catering menu offers everything the regular menu does, including chicken nuggets, sandwiches, strips, wraps, and more. Sadly, they do not cater their waffle fries, but instead they have their waffle potato chips.

Chicken nuggets are easily one of the most popular food items at Chick-fil-a and are presented in trays for catering, along with other items. The trays come in small, medium, and large sizes, serving 8 for the small for $30.50, 15 people for the medium for $55.50, and 25 people for the large for $92. Each tray also comes with an 8 oz container of any sauce. Chick-fil-a is known for its chicken sandwich and it is also available for catering orders. Ten sandwiches are $38.90; 25 sandwiches are $97.25; 50 sandwiches are $194.50, or you can pick the quantity of sandwiches and prices will vary.

For big outdoor graduation parties, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit would be a perfect restaurant to cater. Dickey’s also has the options of either picking up the order in store or having it delivered and set up at your party venue. The delivery buffet that Dickey’s offers on their catering menu is perfect for graduation parties as it includes two choices of meats, three sides, and barbecue sauces. It is served with a relish tray, buttered rolls, and includes paperware. The meat options consist of chicken, sausage, pork, ribs, and brisket. The sides consist of different types of salads, beans, casseroles, and mac and cheese. The buffet costs $11.99 per person, so the total cost depends on how many people at the party.

All of these restaurants offer a variety of food items and each have their own special qualities to liven up any graduation party–it just depends on the variety of food desired. Happy graduation ‘Bos!