Can Gas Station Pizza Really Be That Good?

This is the front entrance at JJ's Wood Fired Pizza.

Fiona Oliver, Staff Writer

JJ’s Pizza is located at 4015 S. Taft Hill Road in Fort Collins, CO.

What topping do you put on your pizza?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

JJ’s Bar & Grill Wood Fired Pizza is located at 4015 S. Taft Hill Road in Fort Collins, CO. It is included in the other JJ’s establishments, including a car wash, gas station, and liquor store. After opening in March of 2017, it has become known for its main attraction–a 12-inch sized Neapolitan pizza. JJ’s Pizza also offers a variety of appetizers including salads, garlic bread, and chicken wings.

Many people may expect JJ’s to only offer convenience store food, but after dining at JJ’s, I can testify to the rich tasting, fresh cooked pizzas that come straight out of a red and white brick oven imported from Naples. JJ’s also offers a daily lunch special, between 11:00 am-4:00 pm, for under $10, that includes a wood fired pizza and a fountain drink. The daily happy hour is from 3:00 pm-6:00 pm and consists of discounts on different alcoholic beverages.

JJ’s Pizza provides both a dine-in experience and carryout services. Its convenient location provides diners with a surplus of parking options, so hosting events or family gatherings at the restaurant won’t be an issue. JJ’s has a family friendly vibe the moment you step inside. Televisions line the restaurant to make it an appropriate place for watching your favorite sports teams ball out while chowing down on some authentic Italian cuisine. Customers are instructed to seat themselves and pick up a menu as they enter. People can place their orders at the front register and will receive a buzzer to notify them once their food is hot and ready.  

The pricing at JJ’s Pizza is affordable and extremely reasonable for the quality of cuisine. One can get a starter for as low as $4 and a 12-inch pizza for around $10. Yet again, another reason why JJ’s may be the perfect place for a family to dine.

The staff at JJ’s Pizza is exceptionally welcoming and will work hard to ensure each customer has the most pleasant experience. They frequently check on tables and follow up with people to make sure they are content with their meals. The staff also makes the ordering process a breeze.

Due to the convenient location, low prices, friendly staff, and of course the yummy pizza, I enthusiastically recommend checking out JJ’s Wood Fired Pizza to any hungry local in Fort Collins.

Fiona Oliver, Staff Writer

Fiona is a senior at Rocky Mountain High School. Throughout high school she has participated in DECA, Key Club, Link Crew and various honors societies....