Environmental Leadership Summit

Inspire students towards leadership in sustainability and empower them to make changes in their schools, lives, and communities

— Environmental Leadership Summit Mission Statement

According to a New York Times study, 69% of adults support limiting carbon emissions from coal plants. This is in an effort to stop America’s relentless contribution to global warming.

For those who are interested in green energy, and those who wish to inform themselves on the topic of sustainable living, there will be a district-wide event for PSD high schoolers to meet like-minded people and talk through today’s energy issues.

The Environmental Leadership Summit will be hosted at Fossil Ridge High School as it is sponsored by the FRHS Fresh Club, Fossil’s environmental club. It is scheduled for April 13th, 2018. More information will be available as it nears.

CSU student and Rocky alumni Moses M’Bowe has more information about the event. He is credited with making the event district-wide, and goes by the official title “Event Co-Organizer.”

M’Bowe wants to, “try to make being part of the human species worth living for with a purpose.” For that reason he involved himself with this event, as well as previous events such as the Engineering and Renewable Energy Fair of last year.

For students who are interested, more information, including times and speakers, will be available on the website, linked below.

http://www.elsummit.org/