Prom Reveal

Prom Reveal

A prom display is on the Rocks.

A prom display is on the Rocks.

A prom display is on the Rocks.

A prom display is on the Rocks.

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, March 26, during second period video announcements, the Prom theme was revealed to be Rocky Mountain Moonlight.

The prom committee consists of only juniors and they are responsible for figuring out all the decor, tickets, theme, and everything else that goes into planning this time honored dance.

Junior Student Council class representatives and staff class sponsors are automatically a part of prom, but others juniors can volunteer to be a part of it as well.

Junior Jamie Fortunato

We really like the night under the stars concept but not the exact name of it. After a lot of deliberating with the rest of the committee, we decided on ‘Rocky Mountain Moonlight.’”

— Jamie

who is in charge of prom decorations and a part of prom committee, said they decided to go with this theme because, “We really like the night under the stars concept but not the exact name of it. After a lot of deliberating with the rest of the committee, we decided on ‘Rocky Mountain Moonlight.’”

When seniors first heard the theme, a lot of them were concerned the decorations and everything would be the same as last year’s.

Senior Myles Hilbert said, “Don’t get me wrong, I liked prom last year and all but it’s my SENIOR PROM and I want it to be different than any other dance I’ve been to before!”

As for the prom release video, the school loved it. Senior Milo Woodward did a terrific job, however, senior Savannah Rowden said, “I wish they made like an announcement on Monday or something to say we would be finding out the prom theme on Tuesday because I was watching VA’s and the video ran and I was thinking to myself, I think that was just the prom reveal. I don’t know I was just so confused.”

No need to worry seniors, because junior Shalyn Nelson, who is in charge of invitations and tickets said, “That although this year’s and last year’s themes seem similar, we are focusing more on the moon as a focal point this year in comparison to last year where they seemed to focus more on the sunset and stars.”

Prom will be on Saturday, April 13, from 8:00-11:00 pm at the CSU Lory Student Center.

Tickets will be on sale on the Rocks for $45 for a single and $80 for a double. Prom is an upperclassman dance and the only way an underclassman can go is if they are in upperclassmen double/date.

This year the senior class used part of their class budget to pay for every senior to get one free ticket. If you have any questions or need any more information, talk to anyone on the prom committee.

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

Torie is a senior at Rocky and loves being involved in the Rocky community, especially through all the clubs the school has to offer. Some of her favorite...