I’m a “Sucker” for the Jonas Brothers’ Comeback Song

Spotify+also+provided+listeners+with+a+short+video+on+loop+to+watch+while+they+listen+to+the+new+song.+

Spotify also provided listeners with a short video on loop to watch while they listen to the new song.

Annabel Lasher, Writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAmeh0-E-U
Jonas Brothers

The time has finally come. After six long years of waiting, on March 1st, 2019, the Jonas Brothers announced their comeback by releasing, what is arguably their best song yet, “Sucker.”

The anticipation was lifted as the upbeat track started rolling and Nick Jonas began the first verse in a chilling falsetto.

Joe chimes in during the pre-chorus. This part immediately sparked nostalgia as the brothers came together for a beautiful harmony.

The trio clearly intended for this song to be about the special women in their lives: Priyanka Chopra, Sophie Turner, and Danielle Jonas.

“I’m a sucker for you, You say the word and I’ll go anywhere blindly, I’m a sucker for you, yeah, Any road you take, you know that you’ll find me, I’m a sucker for all the subliminal things, No one knows about you (About you), about you (About you), And you’re makin’ the typical me break my typical rules, It’s true, I’m a sucker for you, yeah,”

The chorus proves this with the boys stating the lengths they would go to for the people who bring them happiness.

Not only did the group drop a banger, but also an iconic music video to go along with it. The video is set at the Hatfield House located in Hertfordshire, England.

Based on my perception of the video, the brothers wanted to portray their significant others as queens. This vibe corresponds with the lyrics to the song as well.

In my opinion, the video was artistically genius. The big, extravagant, Victorian outfits really added to the aesthetic. The whole video, especially the bathtub scene, is very extra, but again goes to show the point the brothers are making.

Overall, this song blew my expectations out of the water. I am very impressed with what the group was able to produce for being gone for six years. 10/10 would recommend this song, it is a slap and a half.