Mr. RMHS MC’s

Senior+Girls+who+could+apply+to+MC+Mr.+RMHS.+You+could+too%21%21+

Mr. RMHS MC’s

Senior Girls who could apply to MC Mr. RMHS. You could too!!

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

MARK YOUR CALENDARS RIGHT NOW! MARCH 29th at 7:00pm is MR.RMHS!

I don’t know about you, but my absolute favorite Student Council event is Mr. RMHS. For those of you who don’t know what this amazing event is, it is an opportunity for for senior boys to compete in a beauty pageant-like competition. The stages of the competition are swimwear, talent, a group dance number, and interview.

The boys are voted by their fellow classmates and will take on an alias, for example Mr. Clean, for the competition. They will also pick a charity to partner up with and raise money for in the weeks leading up to the event.

This year, however, there will be a couple changes that from previous years.  For example, instead of the event of taking place on The Rocks, it will take place in the auditorium. Also this year, senior girls will have the opportunity to apply and audition to MC this event. In year’s past, the student council heads, with help of previous Stuco advisor Mrs. Cox, would choose senior girls from different clubs or the girl spirit leaders to MC. This year they want every girl to have a chance to take part in this event–no matter what clubs you are or aren’t a part of.

Many believe that these new changes are due to new Stuco adviser Ms. Mauch. Junior Izzy Henry said, “There are a lot of changes this year because Ms. Mauch brings in an outside perspective and will ask us a lot about what is the point or purpose of the way we normally do things. Then, depending on our answer, somethings change.”

The link to application is tinyurl.com/MRrmhsMC. If you are interested in writing a script that will both entertain and flow with the event, then you should consider applying!

Student Council is looking for senior girls who can think well on their feet, are able to talk in front of a large crowd, and can really pull in an audience. Before applying, please make sure you are free on March 29th and have free time in the weeks previous to the event to attend meetings and to write the script you will be using during the event. If you have no conflicts, and feel like you can do the position justice, then we encourage you to apply. After all, what is the worst thing that could happen?

“There are a lot of changes this year because Ms. Mauch brings in an outside perspective and will ask us a lot about what is the point or purpose of the way we normally do things. Then, depending on our answer, somethings change.””

— Izzy Henry

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

Torie is a senior at Rocky and loves being involved in the Rocky community, especially through all the clubs the school has to offer. Some of her favorite...