Galentine’s Day!

Galentine’s Day!

Gal's get ready for Galentine's Day! Pictured seniors: Mia Stolpe, Alisha Butki, Emily Boyles.

Torie Wolf

Torie Wolf

Torie Wolf

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

Are you aware of a new holiday craze that happens the day before Valentine’s Day? It’s called Galentine’s Day! A day that’s purpose is to put your

“ovaries before brovaries””

— Leslie Knope

.

The creator of this holiday is Amy Poehler’s character from Parks and Recreation, Leslie Knope. In Season 2, Episode 16, the world first found out about this new holiday that Leslie described as a festival that would fall, each year, on Valentine’s Day-eve.

If you want to celebrate Galentine’s Day this February 13th, first decide what route you want to go. Do you want to stay in or go out? Once you decide that, then invite all your gal pals!

Pinterest suggests that if you wanted to stay in, you can make a fun “pinteresty” fort and watch your favorite romantic comedies (ex. Hitch, The Proposal, Crazy Rich Asians). They suggest getting some face masks and turning on your essential oil diffusers to a relaxing scent.

My personal touch to add to this fun night is to buy a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy’s (they just taste better), cookie dough and some ice cream. I’d recommend Ben and Jerry’s. Eat the whole pint because remember it is Galentine’s Day and you can do however you want!

If you are feeling more of a day out on the town, we recommend you check out Groupon. There will be a cluster of different “couple” groupons on the site due to the fact that Valentine’s Day is the very next day. Just because they say “couples” doesn’t mean you can’t invite your friends to tag along on a spa day or a fun dinner.  

However you decide to spend your Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day, enjoy it with those you love and don’t limit it to your “soulmate.” Just because you are single, it does not mean you have to be lonely this Valentine’s season and even if Valentine’s Day lets you down, you can always count on Galentine’s to get together with your squad.

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

Torie is a senior at Rocky and loves being involved in the Rocky community, especially through all the clubs the school has to offer. Some of her favorite...