Everythang’s Corrupt

Everythang’s Corrupt

Cube at a photo shoot.

Cube at a photo shoot.

Cube at a photo shoot.

Cube at a photo shoot.

Jason Bishop Jr, Staff Writer

This generation of musicians seems to be embroiled in drugs, sex, and conspiracy. Artists like Lil Pump, Lil Uzi Vert,  and 21 Savage have shaped a new era in the rap industry. However, Ice Cube, AKA O’shea Jackson, has come out with a new album that talks about topics such as Donald Trump, politicians, teachers having inappropriate relations with students, and just about every other controversial topic today.   

“Everythang’s Corrupt” was released on December 7th with 16 songs on its tracklist. In each song Ice Cube speaks his mind in a harmonized way. He aims his frustration at the corrupt politicians, the president, and greed. The first song on the album is called “Arrest the President” and listeners can tell that he has a strong opinion about today’s politicians.  

I loved the album from every bass drop to every harmonized lyric–it was a work of pure genius. I love when an artist is passionate about what they are rapping about. My top songs on the album have to be “Arrest The President,” “Everythang’s Corrupt,” and “That New Funkadelic.” There was a perfect mix of funk, rap, and rhythm in this album. Add in strong messages about the world today, and it goes down as a very influential album.

When talking about controversial topics, like Eminem and Ice Cube have done this year, it can be a very dangerous area to go into because if people don’t like what you say, then it can be blown out of proportion and possibly ruin a career. But these rappers have so much respect that it doesn’t matter what they say, people will take it to heart and understand what they come from.

That’s why music is so important. Music has influenced not only this generation, but every generation. It’s very important what you stand by and believe in as a rapper because you practically have the world in the palm of your hand. This album addresses current world events like they are an everyday thing and there is no filter.

Give this album a view and tell me what you think in the comments.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Everythang’s Corrupt”

1. taylor wandas on January 17th, 2019 9:19 am

ice cube is a real g. He wrote all of the friday movies, is played at school dances and clubs around the world. I have not listened to this album but I know that it is good because ice cube made it

2. Beasty Loud on January 17th, 2019 9:20 am

This article made no sense at all, and the rap that talks about drugs sex and conspiracy is a lifestyle that they choose. Ice cube is currently irrelevant. so find a different topic to talk about before you go dissing on my homies like lil pump, Uzi, and 21.

• Everythang’s Corrupt

18 Things People Learned in 2018

Beauty and the Beast Is Coming

• Everythang’s Corrupt

The New Hall Passes

• Everythang’s Corrupt

Peer into the past with “Roma”

Holiday Lights @Gardens at Spring Creek

• Everythang’s Corrupt

Baby It’s Controversial Outside

What Are Three Words That Would Describe Your Semester?

• Everythang’s Corrupt

Hottest Christmas Gifts of 2018

New Hall Monitor

• Everythang’s Corrupt

Spreading MODness

Everythang’s Corrupt