Best Holiday Recipes

Best Holiday Recipes

An assortment of holiday themed cookies.

https://www.maxpixel.net/

https://www.maxpixel.net/

https://www.maxpixel.net/

Evan Johnson, Staff Writer

During the holidays, families and friends tend to gather in one place–the dining room table. We catch up on each other’s lives, toast the holiday with a clink of glasses, and then eat ourselves into a food coma.

Even when student Charlie Linsenmeyer was asked about his favorite part of the holiday season he said, “My favorite part would definitely have to be gorging on ham during Christmas.” All holidays come with traditions, such as dyeing Easter eggs, exchanging wrapped gifts, lighting the menorah, but many of our holiday traditions also center around food. I mean, what’s Thanksgiving without a turkey? Or St. Patrick’s Day without corned beef?

If you are having trouble coming up with an original holiday meal, below are some ideas that may spark the creative side in you. Maybe even surprise your family and cook for them!

Appetizers

Fried Mashed Potato Balls

This easy recipe is a perfect party pleaser. During a holiday you have dozens of hungry mouths to feed. Ready in just 25 minutes, this comfort filled appetizer will suit all of your party needs and cravings.

Recipe

Stuffed Mushrooms

These bite-sized, savory treats are a great quick appetizer. If you are having a get together with friends or family, this quick 35-minute recipe will serve all your needs and will impress anyone with your culinary skills during this holiday season.

Recipe

Side Dishes

Loaded Green Bean Casserole

This creamy casserole is a great addition to any entree. Filled with bacon, chives, and green beans this dish will keep everyone at the table thoroughly satisfied. If you are looking for some comfort food at the holiday dinner table, this is the right dish for you.

Recipe

Cheesy baked Asparagus

This is a perfect pairing for any entree you can imagine. Any dish gets better with a delicious side of comfort food. In only 35 minutes you can have a fantastic dish prepared that everyone in the family will love and enjoy.

Recipe

Entrees

Herb Crusted Prime Rib

This tasty yet simple dish gets a delightful spin with the addition of fresh herbs to its exterior. This dish is a succulent dish that everyone will enjoy. Whatever you are celebrating this holiday season, you can spice it up with this fabulous recipe.

Seafood-Stuffed Salmon Fillets

You could get stuffed salmon from a big-name store, but these fillets are loaded with flavor from crab, cream cheese and savory herbs. This dish is the perfect addition to your holiday feast and the aroma and texture of the salmon kicks your holiday dinner up a notch.

Recipe

Drinks

Chai Eggnog

This delicious winter favorite is perfect with the addition of chai. This is the perfect holiday drink topped off with the kick of some fresh chai.

Recipe

Dreamy Hazelnut Hot Cocoa

This spin on a traditional hot cocoa will fulfill all of your holiday drink needs. The traditional chocolate flavor in hot cocoa gets a sweet roundoff with hazelnut and sweet marshmallows.

Recipe

Desserts

Chocolate- Peppermint Brownies

These peppermint-striped chocolate treats are easy to make in only 45 minutes. If you are making desserts for a party or holiday gathering then these are perfect for the season.

Recipe

Vanilla Crescents

These powdered sugar covered cookies are a great family treat.  In only one hour you will have these crumbly cookies on your table. These are the perfect sweet treats for a late movie night.

Recipe

Evan Johnson, Staff Writer

Evan Johnson is a sophomore at Rocky Mountain High School. He plays baseball and enjoys spending time with his friends. He is always trying to lighten...