Cuddling this Holiday Season

Hannah Strahmann, Staff Writer

It’s November and it’s getting cold again. The lights are up in Old Town and everyone is serving hot chocolate. On top of all of this, it is cuddle season: a season where everyone wants to snuggle up next to someone around the holidays and just cuddle. However, not everyone has a person to cuddle with. In fact, many believe that the beginning of November up until two weeks before Christmas is “break-up season.”

Isn’t it sad though that “break up season” is the time when everyone wants someone around? So you are sitting on your couch and you put on your favorite holiday movie, and unlucky for you all you have is a blanket and your TV. If you follow these steps, I promise you you will get a cuddle buddy.

The first and most important thing is that you need to let yourself be the rebound. If all of these people are breaking up that means there’s plenty of new opportunity. No, they might not care about you, and, yes, you might be upset after, but for that short period of time you got what you wanted.

If that, for some reason, doesn’t work, another great option is to just get back with the person you broke up with. What are a couple more months in a bad relationship if you get a cuddle buddy? There was obviously one point in time where you liked the person enough to date them, so you can do it again and maybe it will even turn out better.

Let’s say that you don’t have an ex and the only person you are willing to be the rebound for is still in a relationship. At this point, just find someone who you know pretty well, maybe even a friend, and just tell them that you two will be in a relationship for a couple months; where in the end you will ruin your friendship, maybe even your friend group all together, but it will be worth it.

Everyone is acting like it is hard to get this cuddle buddy because they just broke up with someone or nobody likes them when, really, it is simple enough. My advice to you is to just ruin your mental health for a few months while the snow is falling and you are spending time with family so that you can have someone to cuddle with. I guarantee you that if you use any of the things I said you will have someone this winter.