Netflix’s new chilling show

From the Netflix drama Sabrina.

Netflix

From the Netflix drama Sabrina.

Veronica Barajas, Staff Writer

Netflix’s new American supernatural horror show, “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” stars Kiernan Shipka who takes on the the role of Sabrina Spellman, a half mortal and half witch who, along with her witch aunts and mortal friends, faces many challenges. The show is based on the Archie Horror comics and the family sitcom Sabrina the teenage witch.

However, this new chilling show takes the family friendly sitcom “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” and gives it a completely evil twist. There are still some comparisons and similarities between both shows, but this one is definitely darker.

The 90s sitcom also starred a teenage witch with the name Sabrina Spellman who had magical powers and came from a long line of witches. Until going away to college, she lived with her aunts who taught her how to use her magic wisely and she had a talking, black cat Salem. The series is based on the 1960s comic-book series Sabrina the Teenage Witch and an animated TV series that aired during the 1970s.

The 2018 Netflix show “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” also stars Sabrina Spellman as a teen witch who lives with her mysterious aunts while attending high school where she fulfills her life as a mortal. She also has a black cat named Salem, which in the show is her familiar and only she can understand what the cat is saying. Sabrina also lives with her cousin Ambrose who is under house arrest but still takes part in many of her chilling adventures.

A typical episode of the new chilling show usually will have diabolic scenes, blood, horror, and teen drama.

This show definitely gave the old family sitcom a witchy twist and is something that I would definitely recommend if you enjoy melodramatic chilling shows, some like “American Horror Story.” The ending does leave you with mixed emotions and with hopes of a second season.  

Veronica Barajas, Staff Writer

Veronica is a senior at Rocky Mountain High School. She is adventurous, outgoing, and loves to travel and meet new people. She likes spending time reading...