Getting to know Ms. Manley

Getting to know Ms. Manley

Ms. Manley smiles in her office.

Ms. Manley smiles in her office.

Bethany Rush

Ms. Manley smiles in her office.

Bethany Rush

Bethany Rush

Ms. Manley smiles in her office.

Bethany Rush, Staff Writer

Ms. Manley is a Math teacher here at Rocky Mountain High School. She teaches pre-algebra and college algebra, but has also taught everything in between. This is Manley’s 17th year teaching, but her 4th year teaching at Rocky. She previously taught at Fort Collins for 9 years. In addition, she started off her career in teaching volunteering at a middle school and helping students who were struggling mostly in math classes. She grew up in Southern California in Simi Valley, but then moved to a town outside of Colorado Springs at 16, in her junior year of high school.

Manley went to University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS) with a Society of Women Engineers scholarship, but later had to drop it when she transferred to CSU because she  decided that she wanted to be a vet and work with animals instead. She later decided that she wanted to major in math. Manley then graduated from CSU and taught for eight years and later went to UNC to get her Master’s degree.

“When I went to college, it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. I thought I had wanted to go into engineering or maybe be a veterinarian. It wasn’t until my sophomore year in college that I realized I didn’t want to do either those type of jobs, but I had really liked math. Someone pointed me in the direction of an education class that got me volunteering in a middle school with students that were struggling in math. It was awesome and I knew that teaching math would be my future,” Manley explained.

When asked her favorite thing about being a teacher, she gave a very honest and heartfelt answer, “My favorite part about teaching is getting to interact with students. Every day is a little different and it’s never boring. Math can be a pretty tough subject and it can be even harder if you don’t have someone there to help you out. I like getting to support my students and be their biggest cheerleader.”

Ms. Manley is a teacher many students can count on and come to if the are having trouble in class or having trouble in general. Manley can found in her office in the Sawatch teacher’s offices or in her class room in Sawatch, room 501.

Pullquote Photo

…I like getting to support my students and be their biggest cheerleader.”

— Amanda Manley

Bethany Rush, Staff Writer

Bethany Rush is a senior at Rocky Mountain High School. Bethany enjoys drawing and hanging out with her friends. After high school, Bethany plans on apprenticing...