Getting to Know Your Student Body President

Student+body+president+Lauren+Axe+does+morning+announcements+every+Monday+with+her+signature+sign+off%2C+%22Remember%2C+Rocky%2C+never+Settle.%22+
Student body president Lauren Axe does morning announcements every Monday with her signature sign off,

Student body president Lauren Axe does morning announcements every Monday with her signature sign off, "Remember, Rocky, never Settle."

Sidney Swan

Sidney Swan

Sidney Swan, Contributor

In May 2018, Lauren Elizabeth Axe was elected by the students of Rocky Mountain High School to be the 2018-2019 Student Body President. Axe had been in Student Council and had been very involved in the Rocky community over the last three years.

“I like student council because it gives me the opportunity to grow my leadership skills and help other people in more ways than I ever imagined,” said Axe.

She was a part of the dance team for three years and she will continue perfecting her love for the game of golf this year. She is involved in Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, and Link Crew.

Outside of school, Axe enjoys paddle boarding up at Horsetooth, skiing, golfing, hanging out with her friends, and taking naps. She has a younger brother, Cooper, who she spends a lot of time supporting on the baseball field.

Over the past few months, Axe has kept herself very busy working at Golf Tech and nannying, but she still enjoys spending time around other golfers and loves the fun challenges that young child bring everyday. She loves to travel, see new places, and build new connections. The best place Axe has ever been to is Maui, Hawaii, and she hopes to visit Bora Bora one day.

As Axe’s senior year kicks off, she is feeling excited to make the best of her senior year but also nervous about what the future brings after high school. Her favorite high school memory so far has been her junior prom because she loved dressing up and going to dinner with her friends and her date, and she is hoping to make many more unforgettable memories this upcoming year.

The best advice that Axe could give to underclassmen is to get involved in the school as soon as possible, make connections, and try new things.

After high school, she is planning on spending her summer in Indonesia to gain cultural experience and to get a new perspective on the world. In 20 years from now, Axe hopes to be a successful surgeon, living with a happy family, and traveling a lot. She wants to live a happy, healthy lifestyle, and make as much of an impact as possible.