“A Quiet Place”

Madisyn Seidel, Staff Writer

“A Quiet Place” is a drama/horror film directed by John Krasinski, where the world is going through an after apocalyptic experience where the monsters feed off of sound, forcing a family of four (John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe) to live in silence in order to survive.

I would rate this movie a 10/10. Despite the film having very little dialogue, the silence was the key to a very eye-opening film; it really put things into perspective. Watching this movie will make you think twice about making a sound.

The acting was terrific; the directing was fantastic, and the characters were very well cast. Not only were the characters great, but the script was very well written as well. I’ve never seen anything like it. The storyline is just so incredibly unique.

Although this film was a hit for me and many others, it was also extremely frustrating and highly emotional because you get so attached to the family that you don’t want anything to happen to them, causing every little scene to be a heart stopping and jaw-clenching moment.

People who have seen this film in theaters have said it’s hard to eat their popcorn because of the silence in the theater. People seemed terrified to make even the slightest sound. I had high expectations for this film and it met every single one of them, I was not disappointed. I walked out of the theater feeling heartbroken and frustrated, but in the best way.

“A Quiet Place” is so intense and suspenseful it will have you on the edge of your seat and will keep you guessing throughout the entire film. “A Quiet Place” came out April 6th and has been rated the number one movie in America since. I highly recommend seeing this film in the theaters while it’s still out; it won’t disappoint.

If they hear you, they hunt you”

2 Comments

2 Responses to ““A Quiet Place””

1. Nate Wozniak on May 9th, 2018 8:05 am

This movie is amazing, but… is it worth a ten out of ten? That score implies that it has no flaws, and Every movie I’ve seen, including this one, has flaws. This movie is great and deserving of praise, but it’s not perfect. This isn’t so much a critique of this review in particular but more of how the blank/ten system has become corrupted so that a 6/10 score means that you disliked the movie when in reality that score should mean it was above average.

[Reply]

2. Taylor Barella on May 10th, 2018 10:47 am

I love this article because I see exactly where you are coming from and how you felt in the theatre! I love this review with the intensity of the movie and the huge talk about going to see it in theaters! Awesome job! Loved it!

[Reply]

“A Quiet Place”