DECA and FBLA

Robert+Papp+

Robert Papp

There are a number of clubs at Rocky Mountain High School. DECA and FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) are two of the most popular.

DECA is a nationally recognized program and meets every Wednesday at lunch in the Mini Theater, along with FBLA. According the DECA and FBLA adviser, Robert Papp, “DECA and FBLA are programs that recognize leadership opportunities and foster business ideas for the future.” These two clubs have a participation level of over 175 Rocky students.

DECA and FBLA provide opportunities for students to compete by using real life scenarios that students might encounter in the business world. There are many areas  to compete in, such as Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Management, and Hospitality. After club members pick their event and present, they compete against other area schools for best in the district.

After districts, students move to state, which is at the Broadmoor each year. “It’s a unique opportunity to act in a business manner with proper clothes and etiquette,” said Harry Yoxall a junior student who has participated in DECA for three years and is looking forward to this season and seeing how far his skills can take him.  

Interested students can still join DECA and FBLA until the end of September, as events and competitions begin in October.