Mrs.+Madison

Jaden Rivera

Mrs. Madison

Mrs. Madison

After teaching at Loveland High School for 10 years and Fossil Ridge High School for two more, Lindsey Madison has made the switch to Rocky and she is loving it.

“Rocky is my favorite, but don’t tell the other high schools that,” she joked. Madison says that both Loveland and Fossil are good schools, but at Rocky she feels at home. “Everyone at Rocky is really nice. I was actually shocked. I thought semester two I would get a bunch of crazy students, but that’s not the case at all.”

Madison did not plan to be a language arts teacher. As a matter of fact, she planned to go to law school after finishing grad school. In grad school, Madison was able to teach and and had a lot of fun. “I just decided that even though I wouldn’t get paid a lot as a teacher, I would be happy teaching.” She was also double majored in music and plays the cello.“Teaching is definitely hard the first few years. You have no idea what you’re doing but after a while you get the hang of it; at least that’s what it was like for me,” she said.

“Teaching is definitely hard the first few years. You have no idea what you’re doing but after a while you get the hang of it; at least that’s what it was like for me,”

— Lindsey Madison

“It also helps that her husband is a professor at CSU and teaches classes like Business, Pop Culture, Debate, and many others. He totally understands if I come home with a stack of essays to grade,” Madison said. Her 14 and 10 year old sons grew up having both parents as teachers, so they are used to it as well.

Madison wants to teach students to communicate and show them that ultimately, reality is up to you to create. “The way you see things changes you. Anything is possible, and I think language arts helps teach you that.”

Madison’s positive attitude and love of teaching is something you definitely can’t miss, so make sure you welcome her to Rocky.

The Highlighter • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Highlighter Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *