How Dances get Done!

StuCo+on+Tuesday%27s+spirit+day%2C+Neon+80%27s.+

How Dances get Done!

StuCo on Tuesday's spirit day, Neon 80's.

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

As the halls start to fill with excitement for the winter dance, one question most people might not know the answer to is how does StuCo create and plan a school dance?

Rocky Mountain High School Student Council (StuCo for short) starts to plan the winter dance at the around end of November. The sophomore class will take the lead. They are in charge of the dance as a whole, as well as organizing the different areas that are decorated. This is a tradition in StuCo because it gives the sophomores the foundation that they will later use for planning prom their junior year.

Once the sophomores have chosen a theme, this year is it a Neon Blizzard (Glow Dance), and have decided which of them are in charge of each area, they will split the rest of Student Council into various committees.

Everyone then starts to scour the internet, Pinterest and their imagination for decoration ideas to create the area’s blueprint and order form.

As the dance comes closer and orders become to come in, StuCo will stay after school and come in on late start to begin making the decorations. Allie Reynolds (head of this year’s winter dance) said, “I love seeing all the decorations around the StuCo room because it builds to the excitement and adds to the anticipation!”

The representatives of Student Council the week of the dance might seem a little stressed. Not only are they dealing with their own lives, but they are committing to spirit week, putting all the last minute details together for the pep assembly, and trying to get ready for set up so that their peers can enjoy the events.

The Saturday morning before the dance is when Student Council will come in and decorate for the dance for that evening. “Setup is super crazy, everyone is everywhere and everyone seems stressed, but right before you leave and you see how everything is put together, a sense of pride comes over you,” Vice President Garrit Wilson said.

The following Sunday morning, StuCo again comes in and takes everything down, leaving the school as if the dance never even happened.

Setup is super crazy, everyone is everywhere and everyone seems stressed, but right before you leave and you see how everything is put together, a sense of pride comes over you!”

— Garrit Wilson

On behalf of Student Council, we hope you enjoy this year’s Neon Blizzard and have a better understanding of the school dance process.

Torie Wolf, Staff Writer

Torie is a senior at Rocky and loves being involved in the Rocky community, especially through all the clubs the school has to offer. Some of her favorite...