Let’s Get Crafty

As the winter season rolls around, there are many new activities that Rocky hosts. Among these is the Craft Fair. The Craft Fair is an event held at Rocky for vendors to sell their handmade products or services.

This is happening on December 1st from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. This will be the second year in a row that Rocky is holding a craft fair. Many people came to this event last year, so this year it is expected to expand. The student council team is working very hard to put all of this together, and students are encouraged to come.

Student Council holds the Craft Fair and organizes all of it. Each vendor pays a $40-$55 fee depending on their needs and they have the option to rent a variety of other things, like tables, electricity, booths, etc. The money that it costs to rent these items goes directly back to Adopt-A-Family. There will also be concessions available to purchase and the profit from that is also donated to Adopt-A-Family.

There is a large variety of vendors attending this fair. Some of the items being sold include: honey, jewelry, wooden toys, home decor, clothing, and much more. In addition to selling products, some vendors will be offering services. One vendor will be adding sparkles to shoppers’ hair for a fun touch. This is an experience not only for shopping, but other activities too. There are over 50 vendors so far!

Each vendor sets the price of his or her products and will keep the profit from that. A lot of these vendors have unique crafts that cannot be found anywhere else. Perhaps this is the perfect activity to get holiday shopping completed? With such a large variety of products, shoppers are sure to find something for everyone.

In addition to handmade gifts, there are also vendors selling things as part of a larger company. Mary Kay and Do-Terra are among these. Mary Kay sells a variety of makeup and skin care products. Do-Terra sells essential oils and similar products.  

The planning committee for the Craft Fair is having another meeting on Monday, November 12th to plan a way to include more donations for Adopt-A-Family. This event is coming up soon so start planning! Ms. Mauch said, “We encourage anyone to show up because it’s for people of all ages.”

We encourage anyone to show up because it’s for people of all ages.

— Ms. Mauch

This is an awesome experience that students should take advantage of. If you have a product or service you are looking to provide, contact Ms. Mauch or check out this link. Let’s get crafty, Rocky!