All About Bella

Bella is living her best life in her squirrel patrol costume.

Tricia Vanhorssen

Bethany Rush, Staff Writer

For three years, Bella has been an amazing therapy dog here at Rocky. Bella’s mom, Trish, got the idea to get her certified as a service dog when she saw Bella’s calm personality and saw how Bella was able to stay calm in chaotic situations. Trish adopted Bella from a local shelter when she was 10 months old and Bella has been living the good life ever since then.

This week is Bella’s birthday. The German shepherd, husky mix is turning 12 on November 8.

One of Bella’s favorite places is at Rocky is with all of her students who adore her. When Bella knows that she gets to go to school, she gets so excited that she starts to jump arou

“She has a stomach of steel! I once even saw her eat an entire spicy chicken patty, even a pizza. It makes her real gassy though”

— Trish

nd when she sees her Lobo collar, and when Bella and her mom get close to school Bella starts howling in the car.

When Bella isn’t at school she loves doing “squirrel patrol” where she chases them around and back into the trees. When there aren’t any squirrels for her to chase, she is looking out for them in the trees.

Bella’s other favorite things to do are include, car rides, sitting on the deck in the backyard, playing with her Lamb Chop toy named Lamby. Another one of her favorite things to do is to go outside after students eat lunch in the courtyard. “She has a stomach of steel! I once even saw her eat an entire spicy chicken patty, even a pizza. It makes her real gassy though,” Trish explained while laughing.

Bella is a kind spirit that loves to be around her kids and give them love. She loves to receive it as well. Bella can be found in Trish’s Office 331 where you can give her love and wish her an amazing birthday!

Bethany Rush, Staff Writer

Bethany Rush is a senior at Rocky Mountain High School. Bethany enjoys drawing and hanging out with her friends. After high school, Bethany plans on apprenticing...

1 Comment

One Response to “All About Bella”

1. Tricia L Van Horssen on November 16th, 2018 5:57 am

Great article Bethany! Thanks for your time to get to know Bella and the wonderful Birthday treats you gave her. She loves you 🙂

• All About Bella

Inside a cat’s mind

• All About Bella

Hulu original series “The Act” interesting look at illness

Can You Finish the Lyrics to Iconic Disney Channel Theme Songs?

Redoing The Rocky Rock Stop

• All About Bella

Time to Bloom

• All About Bella

Donut Worry, Be Happy! (Fort Collins Donut Review)

• All About Bella

Can Gas Station Pizza Really Be That Good?

• All About Bella

The EU’s Threat On Memes

• All About Bella

Prom Reveal

• All About Bella

A Little Bear with a Big Heart

All About Bella