Career Cab is Making a Difference

The Hiring Fair sign up board is located near the foods lab.

Jason Bishop Jr.

Jason Bishop Jr.

Jason Bishop Jr, Staff Writer

High school students face many responsibilities, one of which is entering the working force. Thankfully, Rocky Mountain High School has a solution that will help students figure things out. Career Cab has been helping students find jobs since the 2013-2014 school year.  These field trip opportunities are ready to help you and your future.

Mr. Papp organizes the Career Cab trips and has one field trip every month this year. He arranges for students to visit different industries, like manufacturing, nursing, and construction. There have been a few trips this year and he has more planned.

The tours consist of seeing and touring the businesses, with activities designed to show students the possibilities available in that particular field. Transportation is provided and students are excused from classes on the day of the field trip. In addition, all trips are free.

Upcoming Career Cab trips are: A nursing field trip on November 12th and an IT field trip January 1st. Interested students can sign up in the College and Career Center. Just ask for Mr. Papp.

An event that is associated with Career Cab is the Hiring Fair. The Hiring Fair will be held on October 25 at lunch in the College and Career Center, and six companies will be attending. The companies are Cinemark, Taco Johns, Loveland Laser Tag, The Summit, Columbine Health Systems, and Good Samaritan Society and they will all be looking for young applicants to fill their positions. Participants must be sixteen have a resume, and be prepared to interview on the day of the event. Job descriptions, starting pay, and hours will be discussed at the actual interview.

Students who are currently looking for a job should definitely check out this event. Sign ups have already started in the College and Career Center and Mr. Papp can provide more information if needed.  

The College and Career Center offers so many resources to students and these are only two. Stop by and say “hi” and discover all of the things available to help Rocky students be successful in the workforce during high school and beyond.