Free College Application Day in Colorado

Colorado is a beautiful place to live and there is no doubt that many students do not want to leave after high school. Thankfully, Colorado has over 50 universities and 132 colleges. Applying for colleges can be expensive, costing around $50 per application. On October 30th, however, any Colorado student may apply to any of the 32 public colleges in Colorado for free.

Each college has different guidelines for applications to be free. Some colleges will be automatically free as long as the student hits submit on October 30th. Other colleges will require you to type in a “coupon code” or follow a few steps to ensure your application is free. The process is easy and something that students should take advantage of.

Ms. Fassnacht encourages students to come her with any questions. She said, “It is important that students check out the link and look at each college and follow the proper steps. Each college is different and if any student finds this confusing, I am here to help.” The College and Career Center is a great resource for applying to college and this is an awesome opportunity. It can be difficult for students to afford applications to multiple colleges. This is only one day, so students need to ensure they plan ahead.

The most important tip for students is to complete the majority of their application ahead of time. If a student is planning on applying to multiple colleges, it is difficult to complete the long process of applying to all in one day. Students should make sure their recommenders know when they are applying and finish their personal statement by the 30th. The only thing left after that should be hitting “Submit” on the application itself.

Something else for seniors to remember is that applying to a community or junior college is free at any time. All of the information for students to know about their preferred colleges will be on this website. This website is crucial for all students to check out if they plan on applying on October 30th. This is an amazing opportunity and all students will benefit greatly from Free Application Day.