Prettying Up Parking Places for Seniors!

Schools across the country have been showing school spirit and pride by adding some school color to their parking lots and letting seniors personalize that space.

Rocky Mountain High School has attempted to get this off the ground for a few years, but pandemic issues and district concerns have kept it from happening.

This year, Rocky has been given the formal approval to allow seniors to paint their own parking lot. In a desire to display school and class pride, seniors will start the year by painting (approved) designs of their choice throughout the senior lot.

Senior leaders hope that by doing this, it will foster a sense of school spirit, enhance the campus, and enable students to express themselves through positive artwork. Plus, it will be fun for everyone else to look at and gives underclassmen something to look forward to.

Seniors hope to establish a lively and enjoyable senior tradition as well as display their support for the senior class. Seniors who wish to participate will be required to pay a $25 fee, with all proceeds going to the Lobo Fund.

Corresponding with the beginning of Homecoming week, the painting will take place in the senior parking lot on Saturday, September 10th, from 2:30- 6:30 and all day starting at 9:00 am on Sunday, September 11th. These are the only painting days.

Information packets and contracts will be available in the front office beginning Friday, September 2nd, for pickup.

All paperwork needs to be completed by Friday, September 9th, and all designs must receive Mrs. Nickel’s approval prior to painting day.

On painting day, students will need a copy of the painted parking space contract as well as a copy of their design.

Students should be aware, you will be assigned a spot to paint, however, it will not be designated as your permanent parking space. It is impossible for administrative staff to police parking spots and students may not be able to park in their painted area every day.

All additional details and requirements will be provided on the packet.

You do not have to be super creative to participate and you can paint with a senior friend or sibling if you’d like. Just get an idea on paper and come out and paint!

Examples from Windsor High School are shown.

Image is from Windsor High School.
Image is from Windsor High School.